Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup (3rd version)

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 09:36:18PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 09 July 2009, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > If you want you can submit a wishlist report to allow preseeding of the
> > list of layouts to show.
> >
> > console-setup/displayed_layouts =
> > fr(basic),fr(nodeadkeys),fr(dvorak),ch(fr)
>
> Please NO. That is absolutely not what preseeding is for. Preseeding is to
> *automate* installations, not to tune manual installations and certainly
> not if the preseeding is more complex than just using the dialogs.

There is no harm in using preseeding to tune manual installations.
Except maybe for those who write the installation manual. ;-)

Nobody is obliged to use such a feature.  The point is whether such a
feature will be wanted by the users or not.  I don't know.

> I'll do a another test myself probably this weekend and will probably
> include a rough proposal for a user interface for D-I.

Unfortunately there were some bugs discovered in 1.40 and I don't know
how to build an image with 1.41 to test it.  But on the other hand in
1.41 I removed almost all differences between console-setup-udeb and
console-setup-mini and the last package seems to work, so...

Anton Zinoviev