Re: [RFC] IMPORTANT: Cleaning l10n-sync damage from D-I SVN repository

On Thursday 04 June 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 04 June 2009, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > Working copies with references to this revisions gets invalidated.
>
> OK. I'll test that and if it is a problem we'll have to warn about it.
> I don't think it's a huge problem if such users would have to do a new
> checkout.

I've tested that now and it is indeed an issue.

I installed the cleaned repo on a local server and then did a checkout of
revision 56250 (in middle of cleanup) from the official repo. I then
relocated the checkout to the local cleaned up repo and ran an svn up.

Result was that I got checksum mismatch errors for the affected da.po
files.

But there's also a simple workaround. Just delete the parent directory of
the "damaged" files, and svn will refetch that whole directory and
continue happily.
So users only have to delete selected packages/<package>/debian/po dirs to
repair the damage.