Re: preseed the dm-crypt passphrase failed
On Monday 25 May 2009, Gabriel wrote:
> I did not find any information about a solution for problem.
Please file a bug report against partman-crypto for this issue, so we can
better track the discussion.
Provide at least the following information:
- the exact image you are using (full URL of the image you downloaded)
- does it work correctly if you do _not_ preseed partman?
- the contents of your preseed file for partman (with a fictional
- a debug log for partman-crypto:
- run the installation with 'priority=medium' and *only* the partman
questions preseeded (again with fictional passphrase)
- just before you start partman, add a line 'set -x' in the script
blockdev-keygen script AND in the file /lib/partman/lib/crypto-base.sh
- save /var/log/syslog after the point where you see the error and send
it to us
- the hardware-summary for that installation (in /var/log after you
run the "Save debug logs" option from the main menu)
Please gzip the syslog before sending it, otherwise your mail may not
reach the mailing list.