Re: busybox features required for Kickstart support

On Friday 15 May 2009, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:27:55PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Friday 15 May 2009, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > And on the other side you refused anything which would make it
> > > possible to reduce the size of the kernel drastically.
> >
> > You'll have to refresh my memory.
>
> <20080403104216.GA11976%40wavehammer.waldi.eu.org>

Huh? I certainly never refused that. You did not want tot add a flavor for
i386 specific for the installer with those changes.

<20080403103329.GA10440@wavehammer.waldi.eu.org>:
! > I guess we're talking about a special flavor either for the installer
! > then?
! Yes. There is just one problem, I won't build a deb for it.

And there the discussion died as I did not see how we could create the
udebs without a deb to take them from. There is *nothing* in that thread
where I refuse a solution.

I would have loved to have that available for D-I so we could bring
floppies back. I still do if it still gives enough reduction.