Re: busybox features required for Kickstart support

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 03:32:46PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> What is the size impact of adding getopt and CONFIG_NFSMOUNT support (each
> separately and together preferably)?
>
> Without checking such facts you cannot even start to make a decision.

This information was in the citations I provided in my original e-mail.
At the time I made the original requests, getopt was 1KB and NFS
mounting was 3KB; Bastian's most recent mail suggests that the latter is
more than that nowadays.

I can live without NFS mounting, although I'm a bit frustrated that some
architectures are held back for the benefit of others (I do understand
that embedded architectures have more stringent requirements). How about
we consider (carefully!) enabling certain features on a per-architecture
basis? There is no reason why at least e.g. amd64 systems, and probably
i386 too, shouldn't have the ability to do NFS mounts in the installer.
I doubt Kickstart is of huge interest on the more embedded architectures
anyway; people aren't going to be doing much migration of automated
deployment configurations from Red Hat on those ...