Re: code swarm video

On Tuesday 12 May 2009, Joey Hess wrote:
> In any case, we have nearly a decade of commit logs, and I am using the
> code_swarm tool to produce a fancy visualization of them. A rough draft
> of the video is here:
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/tmp/d-i_code_swarm_raw.avi

Very nice Joey. Can we include that on CD1 and play it as background
during installs?

Pity about the green monster eating all names of translators (and
developers) a few times. OTOH, it does nicely blot out Christian's nick
most of the time ;-)

> I will be adding music to it, and captioning important events in the
> project's history, and plan to release the finised video in time for
> DebConf.

Deep Purple's Child in Time worked for me ;-)

> Here's my list of possible captions, do let me know if I missed
> anything:

Can't think of anything really relevant.

Request: think you could do the same for d-cd sometime?

On Tuesday 12 May 2009, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> There're the releases of Debian-BR-CDD; our first release was at FISL
> 5 (IIRC) and it was using d-i already.

What's so special about Debian-BR that it needs to be shown? Nothing about
its development shows up in the SVN history, so it's rather irrelevant
for the swarm.

Cheers,
FJP