Re: No kernel modules were found

Hi

First idea, check the integrity with md5sum from hd-media and iso cdrom.

You are running the installation though vmware. Try the same configuration of network (bridget or nat) on a "live-CD" and check if dhcp configuration it's ok.

Are strange tris syslog lines combination :
May  2 15:32:27 dhclient: receive_packet failed on eth0: Network is down
May 2 15:35:10 kernel: [ 276.053093] r8169: eth0: link up
May 2 15:35:10 netcfg[9936]: INFO: eth0 is connected.
May 2 15:35:10 dhclient: receive_packet failed on eth0: Network is down

and this ones:

May 2 15:35:20 kernel: [ 286.051470] r8169: eth0: link up
May 2 15:35:20 dhclient: receive_packet failed on eth0: Network is down

Try to execute only "dhclient" on a shell terminal (in the busybox, alt+f2) in the failed step.
You can try with another version of lenny, 5.0.0, or with the "full-CD" verison too.