Re: console-setup: is it possible to use kernel fonts instead of something loaded by console-setup?

I've committed a change to console-setup to let you leave FONTFACE,
FONTSIZE, and FONT all unset to achieve this effect:

  http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/d-i/trunk/packages/console-setup/setupcon?r1=57747&r2=58421&pathrev=58421&diff_format=u

Please test.

Applied the patch, and edited /etc/default/console-setup with these settings:

    FONTFACE=
    FONTSIZE=

(There was no default value for "FONT" in that config file, though I did see it as a variable in /bin/setupcon; my edits did not touch any "FONT" variable.)

Results: SUCCESS! My 10x18 kernel font is left undisturbed on all virtual terminals. Thank you for looking at this. My original post was merely asking whether it was possible to prevent 'console-setup' from imposing a software font. I expected to have to experiment with providing a "fix" for myself, but the only reply I received was to provide a fix! Nice. :)

Will this commit become part of the standard 'console-setup' package, or should I keep the patch and apply it to my own system each time 'console-setup' is updated?

Thanks again,
Dave W.