Re: How about playing a game while installing Debian?

On Monday 13 April 2009, Xavier Oswald wrote:
> I don't want to work if the idea of adding game will not be accepted by
> the team.

I don't think there are any objections in principle, but IMO there should
be a few conditions:
- games shall only be loaded as additional components and only if the
system has sufficient memory
- games should only be loaded/offered if the D-I user interface supports
them
- games shall in no way get in the way of the installation itself
- games will only be considered as long as they do not result in an
explosion of additional library udebs
- any user interface changes should be "clean" (I mean: the result should
remain consistent and the main function should remain to do the
installation)
- it should be possible at any time to switch back to the installation to
view D-I progress

> But if the team agree that it is a good idea, I could give a try by
> adding tabs or such... build an iso and do some screenshots to get
> feedback

Another option could be to run the game on a separate VT.

Cheers,
FJP