Re: How about playing a game while installing Debian?

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 17:51:09 +0200, Evgeni Golov wrote:

> Dear debian-boot,
>
> some time ago I was cleaning the gnujump package and noticed some
> commented notes about udeb creation in the packaging, asking the
> main-maintainer, he said that this was an idea to give users the
> possibility to play while waiting for D-I, but was never finished.
>
> So now I'd like to ask you, what you think about the idea to add some
> (small) games, so users can relax while D-I is fetching packages etc.
> The games should be easy and fast-playing (no civilization clone where
> you need 2 hours for a good game :)), so I'd suggest something like
> bsdgames, sudoku, ninvaders etc, but also the already named gnujump
> (sdl), maybe some poker and tetris games... You guess what I mean :)
>
> Please add your 0.02€ to the bin, and tell us whether you like the idea
> (and if so, which games you'd love to see).

I thought it was a great idea, but ISTR reading somewhere that the idea
was patented. Unfortunately I have not found a reference after some quick
Googling, so perhaps it is not the case. :)

--
Sam Morris
https://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 1024D/5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078