Re: Best way to install a new session manager

Rick Thomas:

> After installing from the default CD (e.g. "businesscard") I'd like to
> make other session managers than Gnome available. (e.g. xfce or kde).
>
> What's the best way to do that so as to get all packages installed the
> same way they would have been had I used the associated install CD?

I don't know exactly what the installer does, but you can just aptitude
install gnome or kde. Alternatively, you can run tasksel and select the
"Desktop Environment" task.

J.
--
I no longer believe my life will be long, happy, interesting or fulfilled
[Agree]   [Disagree]