Re: d-i kernel sound drivers selection in kernel-wedge

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Frans Pop wrote:
> [1] Just unpack the additional udebs into a different tree while
> letting library reduction include both trees, as we already do for
> EXTRAUDEBS.

Well, it's probably going to be a bit more complex than that as I suspect
mklibs may copy any libraries in the accessibility tree into the regular
tree (or may need a patch to handle them?). If that is the case, those
would have to be moved back somehow.

BTW, library reduction should be looked at for libs added to support this.
As everything that depends on them should be included in the initrd,
removing unused symbols could be worthwhile. This can mean .pic files
need to be added to the -dev packages of those libs.