Re: d-i lab

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> Otavio:
>> If someone else wants to take it, I'll be available to help to understand
>> digress and like. If noone shows insterest, I prefer to do that then
>> lose d-i lab.
>
> Note that we've *already* lost the lab. You can't look at the lab report and
> get any useful info about whether d-i is working.
>
> However, if you or someone else would like to resuscitate the lab, that's fine.
> I think it would make sense to start with the emulated system tests, since
> control of the "hydra" server can easily be transferred from me. Also,
> there are several architectures that are not yet tested, but should be usable
> in qemu now, including arm.

Yes; the emulated tests can cover better d-i then when it was running.

> I doubt it's worth the expense of shipping the rack of physical test machines
> to a different continent, and I don't think it's really possible to do useful
> testing with them entirely remotely. So I'd like to go ahead with taking
> that portion of it down.

Luk shows interest in helping on it; maybe we could find a place where
could take the phisical part?

That could allow us to keep it all.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br