Re: debconf frontends selection based on language

Quoting Praveen A (pravi.a@gmail.com):
> Hi,
>
> Currently we have many debconf templates translated into Malayalam,
> but dialog frontend is unable to display it properly. The solution is
> to chose gnome front end (kde front seems to be non-existent, though
> there is a choice) manually and install libgnome2-perl. Can we make
> this automatic when a user selects Malayalam from installer? I would
> think other languages which works only in graphical installer will
> also need this feature.
>
> Let me know what everyone thinks about it.

I see the point. This should certainly be done in the debconf package
configuration, indeed....by preseeding debconf/frontend appropriately
but also needs careful discussion about possible implications.

The first interesting choice is "Kde" or "Gnome" as frontend? :-)