Re: Corrupt floppy image in archive

Hi,

> > I managed to find an old Woody DVD where the image is also incorrect.
> > It must be wrong, since I tried the installation and failed (but definitely
> > no disk read error). Either it was corrupt from the beginning, or has been
> > corrupted shortly after the release.
> >
> > > 	o woody?  seriously?  That's oldoldoldstable.  We can't really
> > > 	  support that.
> >
> > I know. But I thought someone might be interested to fix it.
> >
> > I still have virtual machines with Woody. Is it hard to recreate the
> > root.bin image oneself? I looked at the root.bin in images-1.44, but
> > I coudn't get it small enough for 1.2 MB floppies.
>
> 1.2MB is 5.25".  The 3.5" disks were either 720k (DD) or 1.44MB (HD).

You seem to think I don't know about disk sizes. The box normally has
a 5.25" drive, therefore I wanted the 1.2M images. Oh and before you ask,
the box cannot boot from CD and it doesn't have PCI, only ISA.

But that's not the point. The point is that there's probably an unusable
image on the server.

Regards,
hjb
--
Pro-Linux - Germany's largest volunteer Linux support site
http://www.pro-linux.de/          Public Key ID 0x3DDBDDEA