Booting of the system hangs on hardware detection

Hello,

I can't install or boot debian lenny on a laptop I'm using.

The installer hangs on initial hardware detection it just hangs when it loads sdhci module when detecting mmc0 (card reader).

I installed lenny on another pc copied the files on this averatec laptop still the initial kernel hangs when detecting mmc.

I did blacklist the modules sdhci and sdhci_pci still no luck.

Is there a way I can pass any options to grub so it will not detect the mmc card reader?

Thank You