Re: New newt terminal plugin

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 05:32:57AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> P.S.
> I just found that in a gtk terminal plugin shell started from the menu, to
> run tasksel (after 'chroot /target') you first need to manually unset
> DEBIAN_FRONTEND as the newt frontend isn't available for regular
> debconf...
>
> Should we clear (part of) the environment when starting shells?
>
> And hmmm, it's rather strange that DEBIAN_FRONTEND is set to *newt* as I
> was running the graphical installer...

It was done on purpose: it was easier to support common d-i support
operations (e.g. "anna-install openssh-client-udeb") that way.

Getting reentrancy correct is *hard*.  But this should probably be
looked up again…

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism