Re: Release Candidate 2 of Debian Installer

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Otavio Salvador, le Sat 31 Jan 2009 14:53:19 -0200, a écrit :
>>  * The tools/ directory on CD images is no longer provided. It used to
>>    include tools such as loadlin, unzip, gzip which are nearly no
>>    longer
>
> "Nearly" doesn't mean that we should drop it. I know some people who
> still use it at least just because they can not access the debian boot
> menu while they can access a DOS environment.
>
> It happens that loadlin.exe disappeared from ftp's tools/ directory at
> some point when some aggressive cleaning got performed, and it remained
> like that for quite some time, but that's just because loadlin's BYHAND
> (supposed to put it back there) has been waiting for one month now...

Well I do not have a strong opinion on that. If this comes back to the
ftp's tools/ directory then we can readd it back; for now (while it is
not yet in ftp) I still see no reason to keep it.

What others think about it?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116