Re: Wrong grub menu updated

John wrote:
I'm pressed for time, I have a deadline Mon or I'm dead.

I just installed Lenny RC1 to a USB disk. in automatic mode.

Before this, the internal disk dual booted  Fedora and Windows.

Now it triple-boots the above plus Lenny. I really did not want or expect that.

There _is_ a grub menu on the USB disk, I peeked during the install. It specifies
root=/dev/sda1

This is not going to be useful. The idea of a USB stick is portability, and that's not portable, I'm going to have to change that.

What is needed is use of a label (eg USBSTICK) or a GUID.

Grub was not installed to the memory stick either.

Since there's another problem - when booted with the menu it updateed on the first disk - it hangs just after saying something about setting the time, I'm giving up this idea.