Re: 40r6 locks up during boot

Frans Pop wrote:
On Monday 12 January 2009, John wrote:
What prevents
/lib/debian-installer-startup.d/S40framebuffer-module-linux=x86 from
running?

I'd be more convinced if it tested the environment variable "fb".

The boot parameter fb is an alias for debian-installer/framebuffer (defined in the preseed udeb).

I know that, my examination of the initrd showed it. However, fb should be set in the environment, and I couldn't see anything that prevents /lib/debian-installer-startup.d/S40framebuffer-module-linux=x86 from loading framebuffer drivers.

The real system's going down RSN for a disk replacement. Yet another dud WD disk, it seems.

Hope I've got a Linux CD/DVD that finds its drives... Hmm.