Re: Lenny RC1: no XFS on /

Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> wrote:
> Walter Landry <wlandry@caltech.edu> writes:
>
> > Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> wrote:
> >> Two things:
> >>
> >>  Please do: dpkg-reconfigure -plow lilo
> >>
> >> Does it shows the memory option to be enabled?
> >>
> >> If it does, we might need to change the lilo default to enable it. If
> >> it does not it has been lose in previous NMU.
> >
> > Running that gives no output and does not modify /etc/lilo.conf.
>
> Update lilo to the sid version and give it a try. It has hit testing
> and if you use a netboot installer or bussiness card installer you
> could be able to test if it works for you now.
>
> At end of install check if lilo has version 1:22.8-6.4 to be sure of
> that.

I just tried the RC1 businesscard install again, and this time it
prompted for whether I should add the "large-memory" option,
defaulting to yes.  So far so good.  Then it prompted me for whether I
want to run lilo again, defaulting to no.  Since I had already run
lilo, it seems that it should default to yes.  But I am not sure if
that will leave open the possibility of messing up someone's system.

In any case, the bugs in the packages can be closed.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
walter@geodynamics.org