Re: Reinstall to a NSLU2?

* Dean <talldean@gmail.com> [2008-11-12 22:55]:
> The power died midway through a kernel update to an NSLU2, and now
> it's stalling partway through the boot, without much of a clue that
> I've seen in the /var/log files.  I can either up the number of things
> being logged, which might take a bit, or just take this shiny new 16
> GB flash drive and do a clean install to it.
>
> Simple question, I think; can you re-flash the device with Debian etch
> after Debian etch has already been installed?

Yes, you can simply use upslug2 or the Windows tool (but *not*
EraseAll) to upload the installer and then do an installation to your
new flash drive.

BTW, release candidate 1 of the installer for Debian 5.0 (lenny) is
available now.  I suggest you install that instead of etch.  See
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/