Reinstall to a NSLU2?

The power died midway through a kernel update to an NSLU2, and now
it's stalling partway through the boot, without much of a clue that
I've seen in the /var/log files.  I can either up the number of things
being logged, which might take a bit, or just take this shiny new 16
GB flash drive and do a clean install to it.

Simple question, I think; can you re-flash the device with Debian etch
after Debian etch has already been installed?

Thanks!
Dean