Re: Multiple disks support for partman-auto-lvm

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 05:07:53PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> Also:
> +			if [ "X$pvdev_found" = 'Xyes' ]; then
> The X is not needed. The shell handles empty variables correctly if they
> have double quotes around them. Also, the quotes around "yes" are not
> needed (as it is a single word and not a variable).
>
> +			if [ -z $schemevg ]; then
> +		[ -z $pv_devices ] && bail_out no_pv_in_vg
> If these variables really can be empty then they definitely _should_ have
> quotes around them. Basically any variable that can be empty or consist of
> multiple words should be quoted, at least in tests.

I would go further and say that every $ expansion should be surrounded
by "" unless you know that word splitting is not performed. (There are
cases where this is true, but they are rare; in general you'll be much
better off defaulting to quoting than not.)