Re: /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

On Monday 14 January 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2008, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > I noticed that the /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf file that is on a system I
> > installed with the daily lenny PowerPC netinst CD from a couple of days
> > ago isn't the one that ships with the dhcp3-client package.
>
> That is correct. The file is created by netcfg and later copied to the
> target system.

An alternative could of course be that we stop copying the file to the
target system. We have been doing that since quite early; the commit that
added it was:

r17151 | jdthood-guest | 2004-06-25 17:47:17 +0200 (Fri, 25 Jun 2004) | 2 lines

Do copy over dhclient.conf since dhclient doesn't support the /e/n/i hostname
option to the dhcp method

I have no idea what is meant by "the /e/n/i hostname option", but if the
default configuration file installed by dhcp3 is guaranteed to be functional,
maybe we should just use that for the installed system.