Re: /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

On Monday 14 January 2008, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> I noticed that the /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf file that is on a system I
> installed with the daily lenny PowerPC netinst CD from a couple of days
> ago isn't the one that ships with the dhcp3-client package.

That is correct. The file is created by netcfg and later copied to the
target system.

If you want to see how D-I creates the file, see:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/packages/netcfg/dhcp.c?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

> Could you please add domain-search to the list of options requested from
> the DHCP server?

Committed to SVN. Will be implemented with the next upload.

Are there any other changes/optimizations that should be added to the
dhcp.conf file as created by D-I?

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. Did you get the mail I sent on Dec 24 to dhcp3@packages.d.o about the
transition from dhcp -> dhcp3 being broken for sarge->lenny upgrades now
that dhcp has been removed from testing?
Do you have any plans to rename dhcp3 back to dhcp? If so, please coordinate
that with us because we'll need to adjust for changes in file locations
etc.