Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?

Quoting Eddy Petri?or (eddy.petrisor@gmail.com):

> Most fonts include at least:
> - the latin ranges (basic + latin A, in most cases)
> - symbols like (and more) : !@#$%^&*()_+{}:"?><,./;'[]=-`~   -   many
> of these not used
>
> Sometimes they contain other ranges, too, so I suspect it would be
> something (remember "The udeb size goes from 220768 bytes to 183090
> bytes"? ;-) .

Well, if you're talking about stripping the Latin range from all fonts
but Freefont (and the CJK ones), this is something that's being
considered.

My understanding was that you were proposing to strip out unused
glyphs from the supported languages. For instance, if a given glyph is
not used by Amharic translations, it would be removed.

*that*, I would object to.....stripping the Latin range, I of course
don't object.