Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?

On 11/01/2008, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Friday 11 January 2008, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> > No, in the font udeb build.
>
> No. That completely sucks! It would mean that you'd NEVER really know if all
> characters needed
>
> Especially with Christian's comment that we display a fair number of strings
> that are not even in D-I SVN, this whole idea gets a huge NACK from me as
> it is.

Would compiling the range for a language out of all the versions of
the translation since it ever existed in D-I make you change your
opinion?

In that case, I really find it doubtful that we would miss any
characters (except when the translator suddenly decides to use some
special symbol[*] that was never used before in any of the previous
versions of the translations).

[*] that is the only type, since the characters belonging to the
language would be masked in already and would never miss from the font
anyway
--
Regards,
EddyP