make-ing the installer for another architecture

I'm a beginner in debian-installer, but would like to create a
customized one. Not so customized, rather a more automatic one. I've
read thru these:

I must tell you guys, those are some amazingly helpful writings.

The first in my series of questions is that can I make an installer for
another architecture besides where I'm building the d-i?

I'm using amd64, but I wish the 'make build_cdrom_gtk' command to create
an installer for i386 and thus including the i386 udebs in it. Is this

LEVAI Daniel
PGP key ID = 0x4AC0A4B1
Key fingerprint = D037 03B9 C12D D338 4412  2D83 1373 917A 4AC0 A4B1