Re: Log from the D-I team meeting of Sat. Nov. 29th 20:00 UTC

Hi,

On Sun, 2008-11-30 at 11:56 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> I just linked the log of the D-I team meeting that happened yesterday,
> on the Meetings wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Meetings

Sorry for missing Saturday's meeting.

> bubulle> Next issue also has been well worked out: "
> bubulle> Multiarch CD directly boots in the amd64 installer"
> bubulle> franklin_: around?
> otavio>  This is a very small issue and I believe it's not worth the
> risk of a syslinux new upstream release only for it. I'd prefer to add
> it to errata.

That was an important bug. Especially it used to prevent a regular user
from choosing a i386 kernel, rescue mode, Graphical installer, etc.

> otavio>  Other problems were workarounded by Frans and Franklin
> bubulle> but does the fix really need a new syslinux?

No, IMO (YMMV)

> bubulle> ok, so if the main problem is sorted with commited changes to
> the build system, then I think it's OK
> otavio>  IIRC the only remaining issue is that if he is on help and
> press enter it boots the wrong kernel (i386 iirc)

AFAIK, the only remaining known issue is specific to VirtualBox: If one
boots the CD, press enter on the "Help" menu to browse the help page,
then pressing enter again will launch amd64 image instead of i386.
This isn't a major problem because the kernel refuse to load. Typically
the screen looks like:
+--------

> otavio>  fjp: franklin_: can you confirm the above later?
> bubulle> so, we just document the remaining bit in the errata, then

I don't think it deserves to be documented, since the message is pretty
clear. YMMV.

> otavio>  bubulle: if it is the last remaining issue; yes.

Now, I'll test the multi desktop CDs.

Franklin