I now have the following partitioning table.
                       -------------
Encrypted volume (crypt 0) - 1.0 GB Linux device-mapper
      #1 primary 995.2 MB     F  swap      swap
Encrypted volume (crypt 1) - 1.0 GB Linux device-mapper
      #1 primary 995.2 MB     f  xfs       /tmp
Encrypted volume (crypt 2) - 985.2 GB Linux device-mapper
      #5 logical 985.2 GB     f  xfs       /home
Encrypted volume (md1_crypt) - 1.0 GB Linux device-mapper
      #1 primary    1 MB      f  swap      swap
Encrypted volume (md2_crypt) - 1.0 GB Linux device-mapper
      #1 primary    1 MB      f  xfs       /tmp
Encrypted volume (md6_crypt) - 985.2 GB Linux device-mapper
      #5 logical 985.2 GB     f  xfs       /home
RAID1 device #0   - 1.0 GB Software RAID device
      #1   1.0 GB   K  xfs          /boot
RAID1 device #1   - 1.0 GB Software RAID device
      #1   1.0 GB   K   crypto       not active
RAID1 device #2   - 1.0 GB Software RAID device
      #1   1.0 GB   K   crypto       not active
RAID1 device #3   - 4.0 GB Software RAID device
      #1   4.0 GB   K  xfs          /
RAID1 device #4   - 4.0 GB Software RAID device
      #1   4.0 GB   K  xfs          /usr
RAID1 device #5   - 4.0 GB Software RAID device
      #1   4.0 GB   K  xfs          /var
RAID1 device #6 - 985.2 GB Software RAID device
      #1 985.2 GB   K  crypto       not active
SCSI2  (0.0.0)  (sda)  -  1.0 TB ATA SAMSUNG HD103UJ
      #1 primary    1.0 GB B K raid
      #2 primary    1.0 GB   K raid
      #3 primary    1.0 GB   K raid
      #4 logical    4.0 GB   K raid
      #5 logical    4.0 GB   K raid
      #6 logical    4.0 GB   K raid
      #7 logical  985.2 GB   K raid
SCSI2  (0.1.0)  (sdb)  -  1.0 TB ATA SAMSUNG HD103UJ
      #1 primary    1.0 GB B K raid
      #2 primary    1.0 GB   K raid
      #3 primary    1.0 GB   K raid
      #4 logical    4.0 GB   K raid
      #5 logical    4.0 GB   K raid
      #6 logical    4.0 GB   K raid
      #7 logical  985.2 GB   K raid
SCSI3  (0.0.0)  (sdc)  -   250.1 GB ATA WDC WD2500AAJS-0
                ------------------
RAID1 devices #1 and #2 are intended respectively for swap and /tmp
encrypted with a random key; RAID device #6 is intended for /home
encrypted with a passphrase.

Selecting the three RAID devices as physical volumes for encryption
caused the the three (mdX_crypt) volumes to appear.  When their pass
keys were selected the three (cryptX) volumes appeared.  I  discovered
that not creating partitions in those six volumes caused the installer
to reject the partition configuration.  So I created volumes in
succession for each group, mdX_crypt and cryptX; but each one was also
rejected in succession.  Finally I created partitions for all six;
whereupon the installer complained that I had duplicate mount points.

Obviously something is wrong, but I am a loss as to what.  I would
appreciate advice as to what I need to do to get past the partitioning
and so to the rest of the installation.

Regards,  Ken Heard