Re: [RFR] D-I Manual: new section on how to load firmware during installs

Hi Frans,
On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 04:23:31PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> The procedure is exactly as described: you will be prompted to load the
> firmware from removable media. Anything else requires modifying the
> image, which is totally outside the scope of the manual.
In datacenters folks might not be able to insert a removale media since
they're PXE installing via a remote console (e.g. iLO). Given that the
bnx2 is built into HP servers this isn't an unlikely situation (I know
people who already ran into it). So having a link to a generic
description that explains howto get firmware into the initrd itself
might be a good idea.
Cheers,
 -- Guido