Re: [RFR] D-I Manual: new section on how to load firmware during installs

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 07:39:07PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> There was at least one important new feature of the installer missing in
> the installation guide that IMO should be documented before we can
> consider freezing it for the final translation update and upload for
> Lenny. And that is the new option to load firmware during installation.
>
> I have written a draft text for that. Review and comments welcome.
>
> The main description is in a new section:
> - http://people.debian.org/~fjp/tmp/d-i/manual/ch06s04.html

Two small comments on this part:

 * If the user requests a firmware to be loaded
   (hw-detect/load_firmware=true) without having the files available on
   any media, no error message will currently be displayed.  I think
   this unusual behaviour might worth a mention in 6.4.

 * At least one user asked about how to provide bnx2 firmware available
   for the netboot installation method [1].  I think section 6.4.1 might
   be a good place for such instructions.

[1] Message-Id: <20080909132942.GB12650@ch-desktop>

(And many thanks for taking care of this!)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism