Re: non-free firmware, WEP/WPA, freeness and disk-order on reboot.

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 18:01:42 +0200, Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:

>Finally, since D-I doesn't seems to support WPA. I wonder if we really
>should prompt for wifi firmware... which would encourage people to use
>the very unsecure WEP protocol?
>I could work on a patch to use a blacklist of modules so we don't ask
>for those wifi firmwares.

So since the installer must use (insecure) WEP instead of (also insecure[1])
WPA, then Debian should not be installable on computers with only a wireless
connection? Where is "prevent installation" in the Social Contract?

[1] Risks Digest 14-Oct-2008 <http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.38.html>