Re: Lenny install onto a Sun LDOM?

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Mike Grice <mgrice@plus.net> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm having some great difficulty getting Debian installed onto a Sun
> LDOM (virtual machine).  For all intents and purposes, it behaves like
> SPARC, but network and disk are presented through specific drivers
> (sunvnet and sunvdc).  Has anyone got this working, as these drivers
> are not in the debian-installer kernel (though I see them in the
> kernel source for Lenny, they just aren't enabled)?
>
> Hoping someone has made some progress on this,

Actually, to correct myself, that's not strictly true.  With some
messing around I got it to boot, but I hit what appears to be a kernel
bug.  What I'm /not/ getting any success over is building a netboot
boot.img based on 2.6.26.  Has anyone successfully built a SPARC
2.6.26 netboot image, and what steps did they take?  All I ever seem
to get is 'ERROR: Last Trap: Illegal Instruction'.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Mike