Netboot Install on NFS-Mounted Root?

Hi All,

I'm doing some embedded development work with an AMCC PowerPC 405EX
(Kilauea) evaluation board. This board has no hard disk or CD-ROM
peripherals at this time.

I'd like to get Lenny installed and running on my Kilauea, and I'm
trying to netboot and install to a NFS mount point - one that my
custom kernel will root mount. Running DENX ELDK 4.2 and U-Boot as my
compiler toolchain and bootloader. Development host OS is a virtual
machine running Lenny AMD64.

I can't seem to make an NFS mount from the installer shell (Illegal
Argument). Is this because busybox isn't configured to support NFS? I
believe my kernel and NFS server are correctly setup as I've tested
them both independently of a Debian Install.

I'd like to figure out the best way to have a Lenny install target a
networked file system. Any steps or suggestions you guys (and gals)
can offer?

Thanks,
-jmh