Re: tzsetup needs attention

On Monday 22 September 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
> I see one fairly important difference between the two methods (1st is
> from python script), but not sure if that is relevant for us for
> translations:
> -TW     Taiwan
> +TW     Taiwan, Province of China

The entry for TW is:
        <iso_3166_entry
                alpha_2_code="TW"
                alpha_3_code="TWN"
                numeric_code="158"
                common_name="Taiwan"
                name="Taiwan, Province of China"
                official_name="Taiwan, Province of China" />

It seems that our python script takes the "common_name" field while
isoquery takes the "name" field by default. The '-c' option could be used
to force isoquery to use the common_name as well.

Note that in tzsetup the country name is only really used to generate
comments in the template file, which is rather unimportant...