Re: f8 speakup documentation

On Saturday 20 September 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> In f8.txt, one can read
>
> Use Speakup (graphical install only)    speakup.synth=driver
>
> That is however misleading: what people understand is that they have to
> boot the gui installer, which is wrong (since speakup can only read the
> text console).  Something like the attached patch would be needed for
> clarification.

I'm sorry, but that text is much too verbose and takes up way too much of
the available space on that screen. As the option in the syslinux menu is
titled "Graphical install" and that is exactly what needs to be selected,
I do not see how the current text is misleading.

IMO you should do better to get this documented clearly on the Debian
website, in the wiki and in the installation guide than relying on a help
screen that IMO very few people will read anyway.

Cheers,
FJP