Re: Making the graphical installer the default for i386/amd64

Frans Pop wrote:
On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Frans Pop wrote:
I would still argue for adding speakup only to the G-I images and would
even suggest removing brltty from the regular images. That would make
the G-I images the "graphical+accessibility" installer.

We could combine that with making the graphical installer the default
version of the installer for Lenny (i.e: the top choice in cases where
both are available). I think all issues that blocked that switch have
been solved now.

As both Jérémy and Otavio responded positively to this idea and nobody spoke against it, I will prepare the patches to do this. If anybody disagrees with this change, this is your last chance to speak up!

Over the last few years I have noticed a conflict among the installer team with some people on both sides. Some want to add new functions and options to the installer. Other want to keep it as small as possible so it can run on little machines. With this change we can have both. An "accessibility" installer with everything and a "regular" installer that is very small. As a Debian user I like having a choice!

Thank you -
--
Stephen Frazier
Information Technology Unit