Re: di-netboot-assistant - Debian-Installer netboot assistant

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 09:39 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Franklin PIAT <fpiat@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> > I will need to think about it, but the reason why I need to tweak the
> > patch is that the image's version isn't included in the paths. So I have
> > to replace:
> >         kernel debian-installer/i386/linux
> > with :
> >         kernel debian-installer/etch/i386/linux
> > or
> >         kernel debian-installer/lenny/i386/linux
> > so I can have the two installed simultaneously.
> >
> > I must say that I'm much more comfortable with the way I handle elilo's
> > menu.
>
> kernel lenny/debian-installer/i386/linux
>
> Would be a solution no?

IIRC :

That would only work if the DHCP directly points to :
  lenny/debian-installer/i386/pxelinux.0
Pxelinux.0 would then fetch it's files, relatively to it's it's own
location (actually, I think it's the NIC' ROM that would do it).

The problem with di-n-a's top menu, it's that pxelinux.0 must be at the
top. Therefore configuration files must be rewritten to add "etch"
somewhere in the path.

Franklin