lenny Installer with PXE on HP DL360G5 / bnx2

Hello!

We've got quite a few machines from HP, of type ProLiant DL360 G5. We
used to install etch using the etch installer netboot media +
pxelinux. This worked quite fine.

Now I'm testing lenny (beta2 installer), and I found that the network
cards in these servers (bnx2) seem to require a firmware, which is not
in the installer image, but is available seperately. As the firmware is
not in the image, and I'm booting from a PXE server, installing just
doesn't work (without plugging in an USB key, but that makes booting
from PXE quite useless).

Is this the intended behaviour?

How is one supposed to install from the network/PXE on such common
hardware?

Thanks,
Christian

--
Christian Hofstaedtler
InQnet GmbH, Praterstrasse 31, Vienna, Austria