Your message dated Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:47:11 +0000 with message-id <E1KVVIV-0006yu-7G@ries.debian.org> and subject line Bug#494910: fixed in partman-lvm 63 has caused the Debian Bug report #494910, regarding partman-crypto: No longer allows to manually create LVM on crypto setup to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.) -- 494910: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=494910 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact email@example.com with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian BTS Submit <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: partman-crypto: No longer allows to manually create LVM on crypto setup
- From: Frans Pop <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:21:28 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>Package: partman-crypto Version: 34 Severity: serious This is probably not a bug in partman-crypto itself, but I think that's the best place to start. Potential culprits include libparted, partman-base and partman-lvm... For a new laptop I wanted to manually create an encrypted LVM setup, so I first created a physical partition, then selected to use that for dm-crypt. After doing that the encrypted was initially shown in partman as ext3. Next I selected the encrypted device and changed it to "Use for LVM" and selected "Configure LVM". This resulted in a red screen. VT4 shows "Can't open /dev/mapper/hda6_crypt exclusively. Mounted filesystem?". Confused I exited partman and restarted it. After that I suddenly find the following device listed on the main partman screen: LVM VG hda6_cryptp1, LV hda6_cryptp1 And: # ls /dev/mapper/ control hda6_crypt hda6_cryptp1 This last device obviously should NOT be there. Setting severity RC as this used to work and is IMO a serious regression. Note that this was still with the "old" libparted1.8-udeb (which I installed manually after anna to work around current breakage). Image used is daily amd64 netboot.
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#494910: fixed in partman-lvm 63
- From: Jérémy Bobbio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:47:11 +0000
- Message-id: <E1KVVIV-0006yu-7G@ries.debian.org>Source: partman-lvm Source-Version: 63 We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of partman-lvm, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive: partman-lvm_63.dsc to pool/main/p/partman-lvm/partman-lvm_63.dsc partman-lvm_63.tar.gz to pool/main/p/partman-lvm/partman-lvm_63.tar.gz partman-lvm_63_all.udeb to pool/main/p/partman-lvm/partman-lvm_63_all.udeb A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is attached. Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you have further comments please address them to email@example.com, and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate. Debian distribution maintenance software pp. Jérémy Bobbio <firstname.lastname@example.org> (supplier of updated partman-lvm package) (This message was generated automatically at their request; if you believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive administrators by mailing email@example.com) -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 Format: 1.8 Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:32:40 +0000 Source: partman-lvm Binary: partman-lvm Architecture: source all Version: 63 Distribution: unstable Urgency: low Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Changed-By: Jérémy Bobbio <email@example.com> Description: partman-lvm - Adds support for LVM to partman (udeb) Closes: 494910 Changes: partman-lvm (63) unstable; urgency=low . [ Jérémy Bobbio ] * Don't fiddle with label on devices of type loop (e.g. RAID or crypto) in update.d/lvm_sync_flag. (Closes: #494910) . [ Updated translations ] * Arabic (ar.po) by Ossama M. Khayat * Kurdish (ku.po) by Erdal Ronahi * Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR.po) by Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) * Traditional Chinese (zh_TW.po) by Tetralet Checksums-Sha1: 5c9e7bf78095f4e70d9b6c4ac34cba15d293e7cb 896 partman-lvm_63.dsc 60410438c63dfe78e032ecaff3c4ecfdcf5b3686 222767 partman-lvm_63.tar.gz 692f18e135f315951d88a576fd4e52690097b191 211758 partman-lvm_63_all.udeb Checksums-Sha256: 5653b737d6c7bc4ed120a6aa6e9ec3fd179e48f9017d45d846dca02924034962 896 partman-lvm_63.dsc b7dfb9fd3fe3650f04ecee35e4db1895c431ebedc10aa25c836b091755bad512 222767 partman-lvm_63.tar.gz b74a295a8f8c6887cbc933f2a8e70f5b8c557dabcaa7a9dc1d1033e3c58f8731 211758 partman-lvm_63_all.udeb Files: 3daf63a52aa2ed1596e7d0d5d57bdbdf 896 debian-installer optional partman-lvm_63.dsc 48ab896b20b5b7eb8c2247b2daaf3d4d 222767 debian-installer optional partman-lvm_63.tar.gz 04400ebdf7a98d85c0011a6bc42f87ba 211758 debian-installer optional partman-lvm_63_all.udeb Package-Type: udeb -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux) iD8DBQFIqwP+2PUjs9fQ72URAlWxAJ44H+TL5Dp2q3mI7xDt7zYD67E8bACfaJip C8g1iTjfI9Y+JABo9ta4/y8= =nOxx -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--- End Message ---