Re: unblocking partman-multipath

* Guido Günther [Thu, 07 Aug 2008 09:28:19 +0200]:

> Hi Otavio,
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 05:53:09PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > adeodato simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> > > Mini transition of what? libparted1.8-9 -> libparted1.8-10? Since the
> > > 1.8 transition itself hasn't happened yet (any news about that,
> > > Otavio?), I guess we could squeeze it in, but... please assess: is the
> > > patch safe at this stage for the installer?

> > Yes. libparted1.8-9 -> libparted1.8-10.

> > Parted is ready on sid. I've uploaded it and the bug reporter
> > confirmed it works. (#488374)

> > I'd say to migrate it all and do this mini transition on sid. Most of
> > packages are from d-i team and few from outside but binNMU should
> > handle them.

> > The patch itself is very specific and I'd do tests to avoid it
> > breaking any stuff. Anyway I'd like to do that ASAP to get testing
> > from dailies and be sure of that. This depends on RT decision about
> > the ABI bump.
> Any news on this one? I'll do some more d-i testing on multipath next
> week and it would be great if I could do this from daily builds.

Yes, you can do it, I'll manage the mini-transition again.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty,
and I thirsted for a meaningful vision of human life -- so I became a
scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop so you can meet girls.
                -- Matt Cartmill