questions about debian-installer and cross compiling.

I'am a debian administrator, and I want to use netboot.

Recently I found documentationd wich explain how to create debian-installer from source with SSH and pressed :

I want to create netboot image for many systems mainly AMD64 and i386 for ubuntu and debian.

I read the Makefile (from debian-installer sources) and I saw that when you compile, it use the architecture of the system (i386 on debian i386 and amd64 on debian amd64). How can I create a netboot image for amd64 on a i386 system ?  How can I do cross compiling ?

Here http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/NetworkConsole, someone use this command "fakeroot make build_powerpc_netboot" but it doesn't work for me. I also try with the target "build_amd64_netboot" and "build_i386_netboot".

I read the documentation :
The documentation is very interesting but I didn't find what I need.

Did someone know solutions to create image for differents architecture with a minimum of computer to install first. Now, I'am using virtual machines to have the debian (or ubuntu) system that I need for the compilation. With this procedure, I think I loose time.

How could debian-installer developer compile sources on differents architecture ?

Is there someone who knows how to help me ?

Many thanks

Un mariage, des vacances et des vidéos à partager ? Créez votre videoblog avec Voila ! http://video.voila.fr/mktg/?op=videoblog