Re: String freeze?

Quoting Jérémy Bobbio (lunar@debian.org):
> On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:45:25AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Now that Jérémy committed changes from rescue and partman-md, are we
> > over with changes involving string changes?
>
> What I still have on my radar:
>  * Improve texts in cdebconf-entropy (#478591)

I just looked over that one.

Templates texts have been commented and refined. I think that, if the
feature is wanted, this can be committed.

>  * New preseed/url introduced by philh should be reviewed.

I missed this. If that's something that needs to be preseeded, this is
not translatable text, is it?

If there is something to review, please point me to it.

>  * Grégory Oestreicher's patch for preseeding LVM on multiple disk adds
>    to strings.

I missed it when it came as I was already in holidays. Apart from
these changes being fairly new, I just commented on the templates'
text. It needs more input from a native English speaker, though.

> > If so, could we agree on a string freeze with a long enough update
> > delay so that I can do my best to bring as many translation as
> > possible in shape for the release?
>
> Except from these previous bullets (and I hope I am not forgetting
> anything), I agree on a string freeze.

OK. So I propose that we settle about these features (use them in
lenny or not). If we decide to use them in lenny, then commit ASAP.

I *will* need time to wake all translators up and August is not
precisely the best moment to do it..:-)