Frozen install: d-i beta2, lenny, UK mirror, Dell D620

Hello,

I have tried installing lenny on a notebook, but ran into problems with the installer and was forced to abandon the install.

Installing on a Dell Latitude D620, debian-installer beta2, Lenny, burned downloaded netinstall image, selected main UK
mirror (I am in Ireland but I think my ISP, Three, works through the UK)

After tasksel, I got a «hang» at 5%/

libdns35, libpcre3, mysql-common, libisccc30, libmysqlclient15off, libwlres30, libbind9-30, libisccfg30, libisc32

And it was asking for typing Yes to continue or No to abort. I typed Yes, pressed Enter. But the install remained frozen.

Unfortunately the install (possibly the repartitioning) also screwed up the existing Windows boot and so the system won't boot at all, except with the netinstall CD again. So my questions are:

- Is it possible to get lenny to install? What do I need to do?

- Was this some error on my part, some problem with the mirror, or a bug with the installer?

- How can I restore the Windows boot if I don't continue with the install?

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik