Re: [RFC] Add support for shells in the graphical installer

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 08:04:29PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2008, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 01:47:17PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Ok, the behaviour I have implemented today:
> >  * When the terminal process exits, the plugin exit as well.
> >  * The "Continue" button has been replaced with a "Go back" button.
> >  * When pressed, the "Go back" button displays a confirmation message,
> >    with "Cancel" (default) and "Continue" button.  Pressing the later
> >    exits.
> >  * Pressing Ctrl-Shift-Escape in the terminal is a shortcut result in
> >    the same behaviour as pressing the "Go back" button.
> >
> > After some testing, it feels indeed better.
>
> Looks excellent. Doubt anyone will be using that key combo though :-)

If you want to have a look, I have updated the test image at:
  http://people.debian.org/~lunar/g-i+terminal-mini.iso

I am quite happy with the result. :)

(I must have mixed up my various versions of libvte9-udeb as the
Home/End issue is not fixed in this test image.)

> > > You must have something different as in the normal rescue case it
> > > does work correctly. I doubt including rescue in the initrd makes any
> > > difference, although I have not checked that.
> >
> > It really might make a difference.  I don't see how any changes that I
> > have done could affect the menu ordering!
>
> Here is the problem. You seem to have added a dep from rescue-check on
> di-utils-shell. As rescue mode depends on rescue-check, this causes
> the "execute a shell" option to always appear _before_ rescue mode.
> Dependencies overrule menu item numbers.

Thanks for opening my eyes.  I have moved start-shell from
di-utils-shell to plain di-utils and it did fix the issue.

> That is still with the to-much-reduced font udeb, isn't it? Or did Davide
> already provide a new version for you?

I have used the last one mentioned by Davide on the list, which is the
too-much-reduced one, IIRC.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism