Re: [patch] Add support for Kurobox Pro to Debian Installer

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 03:44:19PM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> In short the installation on Kurobox Pro would be:
> 1) Build d-i
> 2) Format /dev/sda1 on Kurobox Pro with ext2
> 3) Put d-i images on /dev/sda1

Why did you choose this procedure exactly?

As far as I have seen, a KuroBox Pro has, out of the box, a writable
filesystem in one of the mtdblock that is used as the system root.
IIRC, there is enough room on this filesystem to store a standard d-i
kernel and initrd.

Is there anything that prevent such scheme to work?  I would find the
process easier than eventually having to wipe an already existing
hard drive to store the d-i images.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism