Re: Which new modules to include in 2.6.25 udebs

On Thursday 12 June 2008, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 19:26 +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > > +drivers/block/virtio_blk.ko
> > "Virtio block driver": not needed:
> >
> > > +drivers/block/xen-blkfront.ko
> > "Xen virtual block device support": not needed
> [...]
>
> > > +drivers/net/virtio_net.ko
> > > +drivers/net/xen-netfront.ko
> > Not useful
>
> I have patches to make the installer work well as a Xen guest so those
> drivers are needed.

Does that also go for the 486 kernel flavor or only for 686-bigmem
(if/when we add that)?
What about amd64?

Should those go in the regular udebs or in one or more separate "xen
udebs"? Depends on how/when they are used.

> I included virtio too, because, well, why not ;-)

Because we're _always_ trying to save on memory usage. If something does
not have a definite function in the context of the installer: don't
include it.