Re: Workaround for bug #480533 - perl-base

On Monday 02 June 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Perl Team is know to be looking into the issue but looks that to avoid
> doubling the perl-base installed size they'll need to do bigger code
> changes to avoid the code paths to not be used if those files aren't
> present. I don't have a clue when it'll be done.
>
> What general view about this issue by the team?

If Joey is certain that effect of the issue is only the warnings and that
the working of D-I (in all languages) is not affected, it should probably
not delay the release. And installing perl as a workaround also has a few
issues. At least it won't affect Etch+1/2 installs.

I do still feel that having these errors in the logs is not a sign of
quality and they will also make dealing with installation issues less
pleasant.

The issue should at least be mentioned in the errata for Beta 2 so that
hopefully we won't be getting to many "there are these errors in the
logs" bug reports.

Cheers,
FJP